Dr. Bharath Chelluboina is a pharmaceutical professional earned bachelor’s, master’s, and PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences. He specialized in complex rodent microsurgeries and preclinical model development for cerebrovascular diseases. His primary research focus includes testing pharmacodynamic aspects of therapeutic targets for cerebrovascular diseases. The primary focus of Dr. Bharath’s research is to understand the ischemic stroke pathology and disease outcomes in the presence of nonmodifiable/modifiable risk factors such as age/sex/comorbid conditions.
Dr. Bharath’s research is currently modeling the stages of chronic kidney disease in the rodent model using non-invasive tracking of disease progression with advanced combinatorial imaging and understanding the stroke pathology in the presence of progressive CKD. Advances in understanding kidney-brain pathology is crucial to develop safe and effective stroke therapies. In the long term, his work aims at developing approaches to aid personalized stroke therapies to patients with existing risk factors.
- Chelluboina B (corresponding author), Chokkalla A.K, Mehta S.L, Bathula S, Park JS, Vemuganti R. Tenascin-C Induction Exacerbates Post-Stroke Brain Damage. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2021; 41 (11) 1–11.
- Chelluboina B, Vemuganti R. Therapeutic potential of nutraceuticals to protect brain after stroke. Neurochem Int. 2021;142:104908.
- Chelluboina B, Kim T, Mehta S.L, Kim J-Y, Bathula S, Vemuganti R. Impact of Age and Sex on α-Syn (α-Synuclein) Knockdown-Mediated Poststroke Recovery. 2020; STROKEAHA120028978.
- Chelluboina B, Vemuganti R. Chronic kidney disease in the pathogenesis of acute ischemic stroke. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2019:271678×19866733
- Mehta S.L, Morris-Blanco KC, Chokkalla A.K, Bathula S, Kim T, Chelluboina B, Holmes A, Banerjee A, Chauhan A, Lee J, Venna VR, McCullough, LD, Vemuganti R. Long noncoding RNA FosDT is critical for shaping the therapeutic post-stroke functional outcome. 2021; StrokeAHA120033547. PMID: 33940958.
- Chokkalla A.K, Mehta S.L, Kim T, Chelluboina B,Y, Kim, Vemuganti R. transient ischemia significantly alters m6A epitranscriptomic tagging of RNAs in the brain. Stroke. 2019;50(10):2912-2921.
- Morris-Blanco KC, Kim T, Lopez MS, Bertogliat MJ, Chelluboina B, Vemuganti R. Induction of DNA hydroxymethylation protects the brain after stroke. 2019;50(9):2513-2521.
- Kim T, Chelluboina B, Chokkalla AK, Vemuganti R. Age and sex differences in the pathophysiology of acute cns injury. Neurochem Int. 2019;127:22-28
- Kim T, Mehta SL, Morris-Blanco KC, Chokkalla AK, Chelluboina B, Lopez M, et al. The microrna mir-7a-5p ameliorates ischemic brain damage by repressing alpha-synuclein. Sci Signal. 2018;11