Paul Page is a current neurosurgery resident who is originally from Lexington, Kentucky. He obtained his undergraduate degree from Cedarville University in Molecular and Cellular Biology, where he was an active member of the university EMS squad and local fire department. He attended the University of Louisville School of Medicine and graduated with a distinction in research.
BS, Cedarville University, Molecular and Cellular Biology, 2012
MD, University of Louisville School of Medicine, 2016
Neurosurgical Interest: Spine, neuro trauma
Hobbies/Interest: College Football, Basketball, and Clay Shooting
1. Page, P.S., Nazar, R.G., Park, M.C., & James, R.F. (2015). Copper Deficiency Myelopathy in the Setting of Advanced Degenerative Cervical Spondylosis. British Journal of Neurosurgery, (ahead-of-print), 1-3.
2. Page P.S., Kim D.D., Hall G.C., Koutourousiou M.(2016) Cerebral Vasospasms Following Endoscopic Endonasal Surgery for Pituitary Adenoma Resection in the Absence of Post-Operative Subarachnoid Hemorrhage. J Neurol Stroke 4(3): 00130. DOI: 10.15406/jnsk.2016.04.00130.
3. James, R. F., Kramer, D. R., Page, P. S., Gaughen, J. R., Martin, L. B., & Mack, W. J. (2016). Strategic and Technical Considerations for the Endovascular Embolization of Intracranial Meningiomas.Neurosurgery Clinics of North America, 27(2), 155-166.
4. Page, P.S., Cambon, A.C., & James, R.F. (2016). Visual Improvement after Intra-arterial Thrombolysis for Central Retinal Artery Occlusion does Not Correlate with Time to Treatment. Journal of Interventional Neurology 2016;5:131-139
5. James, R. F., Khattar, N. K., Aljuboori, Z. S., Page, P. S., Shao, E. Y., Carter, L. M., … & Chaudry, M. I. (2018). Continuous infusion of low-dose unfractionated heparin after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: a preliminary study of cognitive outcomes. Journal of neurosurgery, 1-8.
6. Page, P. S., Wei, Z., & Brooks, N. P. (2018). Motorcycle helmets and cervical spine injuries: a 5-year experience at a Level 1 trauma center. Journal of neurosurgery: Spine, 28(6), 607-611.
7. Page, P. S., Khattar, N. K., White, A. C., Cambon, A. C., Brock, G. N., Rai, S. N., & James, R. F. (2018). intra-arterial thrombolysis for acute central Retinal artery Occlusion: a Systematic Review and meta-analysis. Frontiers in neurology, 9, 76.
8. Page, P., Niemann, D., Son, C., & Li, Y. (2018). Retained distal protection device during carotid artery stenting necessitating carotid endarterectomy: A complication and management considerations. Surgical neurology international, 9
9. Page, P, Burkett, D, Brooks, N. (2018) Association of Helmet use on Traumatic Brain Injuries and Cervical Spine Injuries Following Bicycle Crashes. Submitted to Surgical Neurology International
10. Page, P, Meylor, J, Patel, V, Li, Y, Ahmed, A (2018) Tectal Region Papillary Neurogliial Tumor: A Case Report. Accepted to British Journal of Neurosurgery
1. Page P, Burkett D, Haldeman C, Resnick D (2019). Value based care in the Aging Spine. Spine Surgery in an Aging Population
2. Burkett D, Haldeman C, Page P, Resnick D (2018). Centers of Excellence and Payer Defined Quality Assessment. Quality Spine Care: Healthcare Systems, Quality Reporting, and Risk Adjustment
3. Page P, Kraemer M, Brooks N (2019). Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion. Handbook of Spine Technology
Professional Certifications and Education
|Medical School:||University of Louisville, School of Medicine|